I am Cassandra Dawn Key (McKinney, since we are starting from the beginning.)
Aaron Charles Key is the prince charming in this story.
We met the beginning of Fall semester 2008 @ Brigham Young University-Idaho. How did we meet you ask? Oh...it's a very unique story...we met at Family Home Evening (aka FHE)...unique right? It's gets cute, just because we met just like every other couple that meets at BYU-I doesn't mean we didn't put our own little spin on things. Aaron-born and raised in a little farm town called Ephrata, located in the state of Washington. Aaron was newly returned from his mission where he served in Mexico City, Mexico (west), first semester @ school. Aaron, high school athlete, jock, & all around popular guy. Aaron, sports protege, Varsity baseball, Varsity football, Varsity Basketball, & swim team. & some how with all of that he also was in jazz chore, Advanced Men & Woman's chore, & the school plays & musicals.

I know, he sounds like wonder boy, well he is... when I met him, he was the ONLY out of many eligible bachelors to make my heart skip a beat.
Me- I am from Eastern Idaho, I have lived in St. Anthony, Driggs & Tetonia areas, Rigby, & IF. I am a dancer! I love to dance, it is my way of letting loss & expressing myself. I have always been pretty studious and dedicated to my educational studies. Through some crazy life experience namely, my car accident that lead my heart problems, and the loss of a great friend, Alexander Daniel Lowery & my father, Sgt. Hugh C. McKinney's deployment to two tours in Iraq I feel like I had a good grip on the reality of life at a fairly young age.
Aaron happened to be the looker of his apartment and most of my roommates had some kind of interest in dating him, after Aaron had been asked out on two dates with two different roommates of mine, he decided that he would step up to the plate and ask the girl that he wanted to go on dates with (me) on a date. Our first was very fun, we drove down to the BYU/Utah State football game that evening with Aaron's mission companion Brad & his date Holly (married & just had an adorable little boy!) We had tons of fun at the game, after the game the guys took Holly & I to Olive Garden for some yummy food. On the way back to Rexburg I ended up falling asleep on Aaron in the back seat, waking up and realizing that this guy I pretty much liked A LOT! & that is the end to the beginning. Aaron left for a week to send Thanksgiving break with his family in Washington & that is when I realized that I was monitoring my phone every 5 minutes of that whole week wanting to hear his voice, that I had to have him. We became an official couple over the phone that week. : ) Semester ended the middle of December, he asked me to come home with him and meet his family. I did. During that week in Washington, we decided that we loved each other & that we wanted to be a forever couple. I went home for Christmas & then back to Washington a couple days after Christmas, we were inseparable at this point. This trip we looked at rings together, I showed him some that I thought were pretty but I wanted him to chose the ring all by himself, it just meant more to me that way. He proposed to me January 7th 2009 at a very pretty lake in Washington! It was perfect! He got down on one knee & I said "YES!" Pulling him up for a kiss before he'd even put the ring on my finger, the ring wasn't the most important thing after all...THAT BOY WAS MINE! We were married in the Rexburg, Idaho LDS Temple on February 28th 2009, that was the first best day of my life!!!Aaron is one amazing guy, he is the hardest worker I know, he has many ideas about life, he dreams big, he loves his family, my family, and me like crazy! & He is so amazingly handsome. oh but he is stubborn. (p.s. he also says that about me...hm mm.)

I think you meant he is is a jock not a joke in that line up there! Ha ha! Love it! Love you too!
ReplyDeleteWow! I love this story! It gave me butterflies! I am so happy for you! I love happily ever after stories! Thank you for sharing!
ReplyDelete